I am incredibly excited to post that Landen has been home for one week already! He got to come home last Wednesday, August 2nd, after 10 weeks in Charlotte. He has loved being home and so have we! It is has been a huge adjustment though but a very welcome and wonderful adjustment for sure!
It's not been as scary to be home and far from the hospital as I thought it would be. I think the gradual process to get here helped or maybe it's the fact that things are so busy I don't have time to think about it. Landen is doing well! He still has to go to clinic three times a week so that has been the biggest adjustment now that we are driving back and forth but we'd much rather do that than to not be home. It takes up a large part of our day though. It takes around 6 hours from the time we leave to when we get back home. Some days are longer like today when he also needs to get IVIg in additon to the cidofovir treatment. He's still really tired and has not been as active as I thought he would be now that he's home. His appetite has not been great lately but these things are still expected. His body is still going through so much. He is making progress though and we couldn't be more thankful! The last update I got on the viruses which was Monday revealed the viruses are still detectable but certainly trending down which is great news!! Today makes two months since his transplant!






No comments:
Post a Comment