Monday, December 27, 2010

A Match Made in Heaven!

On December 20th we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! I cannot believe it's been that long! It sure doesn't seem like it! I guess the old saying is true..."time flies when you're having fun!" :) Just for something different and since I haven't posted anything about "us" before let me tell you our love story.....We met at Chick-fil-A in Smithfield in 2001. I was 16 and Luke was 18. I worked there first and then he started working there shortly after his brother Josh did. However I noticed him before he started working there. As a young girl I was taught to pray for the man of my dreams and to believe he was "out there." Thankfully I was young and had very wise parents so I did not "date" anyone before Luke! I am so thankful for that! Actually he can say the same exact thing, what a blessing! :) One day I was going in to work and I noticed Luke sitting at a table in CFA waiting to pick up his brother, but what I noticed (besides his good looks!:)) was what he was doing....reading his Bible! From that moment on I knew there was something very special about him! I couldn't really explain it I just knew it! Just a few weeks later he began working at CFA and we had the opportunity to get to know one another. First we became friends and before long we knew without a doubt that we were made for each other! With blessings from both of our parents we felt led to begin pursuing marriage. He is the answer to my prayers and dreams and then some! Two years later Luke proposed to me on June 16, 2003 and six months later we were married on December 20, 2003! Our love has grown and continues to grow stronger and stronger! We've learned so much in the last 7 years and still have so much more to learn. We love the life God has blessed us with and are so glad God put us together!!

No comments: