Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BRAYDEN
















Brayden is just growing up way too fast! He is approaching his fourth birthday and I can't believe it!! I feel so blessed to be his mom! Yes, he calls me mom already! I'm not sure where he picked that up. One day he asked me about the words for mom, mommy and mama. I told him they all meant the same thing and he could call me either one. He said he wanted to call me mom and that was that! Haha! He is such a trip! I wanted to record a glimpse into his life right now.

Some cute things he has said lately...

*Brayden took out the trash, all on his own by the way, and some fell out. I told him I would help him get it and he said, "no you just sit there and relax!" LOL!

*One day he was wearing a shirt that said "Daddy's Lil Ballhog" He was asking what it said and saying it should say "I love daddy and mama" and I told him what it actually read and as soon as I finished he said "and Mamas hog!"

*I cut my hand and he asked me about it so I told him what happened and he put his hand to his chest and said "that breaks my heart!"

*Don't be surprised if you are having a conversation with Brayden and he says "you've gotta be kidding me!" (Really don't know where that one came from....anybody know? ;))

*And my favorite....throughout the day he will say "Mom, I love you!" and "You're the best mom in the whole wide world!"

His interests...

For some time now he has been extremely fascinated with police officers. He pretends he is a policeman every day! He will attach his handcuffs to his belt loop...therefore he has to wear pants that have a belt loop. He will also carry around other items that he needs! lol!

Since he is into police officers his favorite thing to watch is Andy Griffith!! Bet you woulda never guessed! Haha! We have the first season on DVD along with some other episodes on other DVDs. His favorite character is Barney Fife!! He doesn't miss a thing when he's watching! So since he pretends to be a policeman every day he thinks he is Barney Fife! We noticed he had a battery in his pocket so we asked him about it and he told us it was his "bullep!" Then we noticed he kept pulling up the back of his pants and we asked him about that and he said "Barney Fife does that!" I told you he is a trip! LOL!

He still loves Woody and Buzz too!

His activities....

We enjoy preschool open gym and library storytime each week as we are able to go! We do preschool workbooks, not as much as I'd like, but I'm working on that! We are looking for a sports league to register him in. He is involved in AWANA at our church! He absolutely loves Cubby!! He also really enjoys Sunday School, Children's Church and Small Wonders every week. I'm so thankful for our church and the servants who invest in our children. It really does make a difference!

I just love his personality!! He is so fun to talk to and be around! As you can tell by this really long post! I need to keep up better so it won't be so long! Pray for us as we continue to train him and as we make decisions about his future. Most of all please pray for his salvation, as well as Landens. He has been asking questions about the gospel and we take every opportunity to explain but he doesn't quite understand enough just yet. It's so good to see God working in his young heart though! I'm so thankful for God's many blessings! :)

Thank you to my sister, Heather, for taking these incredible pictures!! :)

1 comment:

The Future Mrs. Huff said...

That was sooo cute!!! I laughed and cried!!! Cant believe how big he is getting!! 4 years old...WOW!! Time just goes by too fast!! I just love him so much!!