Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Family Update

I'm back so soon! Can you believe it?! One week is not too bad is it?! Hahaha! I decided to just give one overall update. It may be a bit long but I promise I will try to do better!! :)

About a month ago we moved to the Bailey/Spring Hope area. The Lord provided a better living opportunity and we are extremely thankful. Although Luke has a longer drive to work we are much closer to our church and our family. It all happened so fast, in fact in 5 days!! We found out on a Thursday evening that our apartment office had found new tenants and we moved out the following Tuesday morning!! As you might imagine that made life pretty crazy for a little while. It has worked out really well and we are enjoying the new place.

All of our stuff (the stuff that fits in boxes anyway) in the hallway!


We have been doing really well! The biggest thing recently has been the weather. In one week we had an earthquake and a hurricane! I totally missed the earthquake. Hurricane Irene made a big mess but it could have been a lot worse. Our hearts go out to families who lost loved ones or who lost everything!

I'm just going to give a brief summary of what is new with the boys!

BRAYDEN is growing up so fast! He will be moving up to a new Sunday School Class for the first time this Sunday. He is starting preschool at a local church on Tuesday and he will be starting his first sports league pretty soon. We can't wait to watch him play soccer!! He will be one busy little dude! We are very excited for him though and thankful for these opportunities! He amazes me every day at the things he knows! Trust me, he doesn't miss a thing! For the month of August he participated in a reading contest at church. The contest had a racing theme and he had a car, with his name on it, on a track. For each book we read together his car moved farther along the track. It was really cute and we really enjoyed it! He continues to ask questions about salvation but he doesn't quite understand it all yet. We are praying he will soon for that is the most earnest request of our hearts....for both of our boys to know, love and live for the Lord. Enjoy the most recent pictures of him....I bet you won't notice how silly he is! ;)



LANDEN is a mess and he knows it! ;) He is busy, busy, busy!! Not only is he busy, but he is super fast!! He is 19-months old now. That is hard to believe!! A couple of months ago he started singing and giving high-fives! He likes to play a little more now. His favorite toys are cell phones (real ones and toy ones), keys, and whatever Brayden is playing with! He is a talker too!! He will walk around all day with a cell phone, saying "hewwoo, hewwoo" and jabbering on and on and on! He even includes all the hand motions! I sure wish I knew what he was saying!! It's so cute!! He has added a few words to his vocabulary. He can now say: Mama, Daddy, Nana, Papaw, Nannie, apple, hey, bye, uh-oh, thank you and hello. He also has said Bible, baby and just today he said cracker. These are not regular words quite yet though. For about the last week, he has started fighting naps. Ugh! He has been such a good sleeper so I'm not sure what's up with that. Maybe with an adjustment to his schedule he can get back to napping well! Although for a few weeks he has only been sleeping for about an hour anyway!?! He is still a very picky eater. We are just trying to find things that he likes and go with that. Enjoy the most recent pictures of him!
17 Months with his first buzz ~

19 Months ~

BROTHERS....oh boy are they brothers and they act just like them! ;) Every now and then they get along but for the most part they don't! :( Believe it or not, Landen starts most of the fuss! However, Brayden is not that innocent either! I'm hoping this is just a stage or an age difference thing. I just can't believe the sibling rivalry has already begun!! I know they really do love each other though....you can tell in these pictures!! :)


I sure do love them!

No comments: