Thursday, September 8, 2011

1st day of K4!!


Brayden's first day of K-4 was on Tuesday, September 6th! We were very anxious to see how he would do since he has never been in that type of setting. He did so good, it couldn't have gone any better!! He got right up that morning (and he is not a morning person!) and was ready to go!

Unfortunately, Landen got really sick on Monday and was still really sick Tuesday morning. Nana was off work and was planning to support Brayden but she offered to keep Landen so that both Luke and I could make this a memory. We are so grateful!! Papaw, Heather and Kaiden were able to join us so we took Brayden to Hardee's for breakfast!

We got to the school a few minutes early so that we could take more pictures and he just started posing!! :)



Then it was time to walk him in.....

and wait for the doors to be opened....

He walked right in! He knew what to do! He put his book bag in his cubby!
and then took a picture with his teachers.....

Then he told us bye and went to play with a little boy....

He did wonderful! Out of the blue that morning, he promised me that he wouldn't cry so I told him if he didn't cry then I wouldn't cry either!! :) I had to not allow myself to really think about things or I would have! My little boy is growing up!! :/ It certainly has mixed emotions!! We were so proud of him! When we picked him he ran right to me with a big smile on his face!

So, now he has completed his first week of K-4 and he seems to really enjoy it! He wakes up ready to go! Just a couple of cute things he has already said:

After we picked him up on the first day, I asked him did he meet any new friends and he said he did. So I asked were they boys or girls? With a big grin on his face, he said, two girls and one boy!! LOL!

We are teaching Brayden to say "mam" and "sir" to adults. So, after picking him up one day I noticed he was forgetting to say it to me. So, I asked him was he saying yes mam to his teachers and he told me he wasn't. So, I asked why not? He said because she hasn't asked me anything!! LOL I guess that's a good reason!! :)

I can't wait to post more exciting adventures or funny things from K-4!! :)

No comments: