Friday, December 9, 2011

Brayden's 1st Soccer Game!






This is a little late but better late than never! =) The soccer season is now over. This was Brayden's first team sports league! He was really excited about it but that was before he knew what soccer was! LOL! It was really cute to watch him and the other kids play! He had 3 or 4 practices before the games began and then he had games either on Saturday mornings or Thursday nights along with practice on Tuesday nights. He only had 6 games. He actually knew exactly what to do when he got started and it seemed natural but he just wasn't interested!! After a couple of practices and games he was done. We told him he had to finish the season but that when it was over he never had to play again! So, he kept asking how much longer and would tell others that "my Mama said I never have to play again" in a really excited voice! Hahaha! His team did really well. I think they only lost one game. Brayden also made one goal!!

The games were played in the outfield of a baseball field. During one of the games the ball rolled into the dirt of the baseball field. Brayden's entire team chased the ball and a couple ran back to the soccer game but Brayden and a couple of the others got distracted by the dirt!! It was hilarious trying to get their attention back to the game!! LOL!!

Next, he is going to try basketball. He is really excited about it! We think he'll enjoy this more because he is familiar with it and seems to love it! We'll see! We are allowing him to try different things to see what he likes but we will never force him to play sports! However, he is actually saying he wants to play soccer again so who knows?!?! ;)

*Thanks to all of Brayden's fans that came to watch him play!! =)

2 comments:

Emily Miller said...

Amanda! I just wanted to say that it was so great meeting you guys today at WM. Landen stole my heart, and I have thought about his sweet smile and contagious personality since he said that sweet goodbye!:) Through tears I have caught up on your blog- please know that I'll be praying for sweet Landen and your family. I can't wait to see what God is going to do through him and your family! SO great to meet you guys!! Give Landen a hug from me! :)

-Emily Miller

The Johnsons said...

Hey Emily! I'm so glad you found our blog and were able to read it! You were Landen's favorite nurse! ;) Thanks for everything you did to make things easier! It was so nice meeting you. Thanks for your prayers and your kind and encouraging words. It means a lot to us! I hope you'll be able to keep up with Landen through our blog! :) God Bless!