Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Peek Into Our Week

 Sooo, here are the highlights from last week....

I started a 15-Day Living Clutter-Free Challenge. Basically, it's just a daily email Monday-Friday for three weeks. It's from Glynnis Whitwer, the author of I Used to Be So Organized. I love anything about organizing and I'm enjoying this so far! It really has a different approach compared to most other things I've read on organizing. If you're interested in checking it out here is the link: http://glynniswhitwer.com/category/clutter-free/ (I think this takes you to Day 9 so you may want to go back to Day 1)

I have been helping plan a baby shower for a good friend at church as well as getting plans together for Landen's second birthday! Seriously, it seems just like yesterday we had his first birthday party!! It doesn't seem right at all for him to be turning two already!!

Speaking of Landen, he continues to fight going to sleep! :( Once he goes to sleep he's fine, it's just getting him to sleep that's an issue! We've been focused on that right now, so we haven't gotten into potty training yet. I decided to put him on the toilet for the first time on Wednesday and he did not like it at all! However, he hasn't shown any signs of being ready to potty train. Unfortunately, a dirty diaper doesn't really bother him and he doesn't tell us when he has a dirty diaper. We hope to begin potty training soon though!

I started something this week that I've been wanting to try for a while now.....a toy rotation! We use a toy organizer bin that holds all of the boys toys! Before I started the rotation every toy was accessible which as you can imagine created a huge mess. I put that away in a closet and filled a medium size basket with toys. Right now, I am trying to switch out the toys in the basket once a week. If they think of another toy they want out to play with I plan on letting them trade it. So far, this is working really well. The play room is staying a lot cleaner, it's easier for them to pick up their toys and all of their toys will get played with!

Brayden is continuing to do really well in K-4 and is still enjoying basketball! He made a basket for the first time in his game on Saturday! He was under the goal and someone passed him the ball and he shot it right in!! It was a priceless moment for sure! Brayden really touched our hearts Wednesday night as we were getting the boys in bed and getting ready for bed. Just before he got in bed he came and told us that he was going to read his Bible before he went to sleep just like we do! It was so special yet a powerful reminder of how much our children watch every move we make even when you think they don't notice.

This is a week late but with the correct post date! :)

No comments: