Not a whole lot but it sure doesn't feel that way! I told my sister the other day we've been so busy but I don't know why?! LOL! I guess that's the way life is sometimes! ;) Luke had his knee surgery January 31st and has not been able to return to work yet. The surgery went really well. Thankfully, his injury wasn't as bad as the surgeon originally thought! He had to keep it propped up with ice for 3 days after the surgery and use crutches. He has had physical therapy several times. He sees the surgeon tomorrow to get the stitches removed and see how his knee is healing. We're thinking he can return to work next week. Although the circumstances aren't the greatest we've certainly enjoyed having him at home!
Last week we did something that we've never done before and we're pretty proud of ourselves!! ;) If you know me personally you know I don't really enjoy cooking and don't feel like I'm good at it either. As a result, we eat out a lot unfortunately! Now, we don't go to expensive restaurants, it's mainly fast food. However, that can add up rather quickly! We decided to try to eat at home for every meal for an entire week and guess what?!?! WE DID IT!!! I learned a few things from it too! It is possible and it does save money! After buying groceries and seeing the total I thought we could eat out for that price. However, my total grocery bill really wasn't that high and after calculating the actual cost of each meal I realized how much money you really save by eating at home, not including the fact that it's much healthier and the time and gas you save by staying home! I also realized we have to buy groceries regularly which is hard because it's such a chore and it's not enjoyable but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?!?! It also helps to have a "menu" and know what you're having to eat and when. This helps avoid the 5:00 dilemma of what's for supper, not knowing and feeling like you don't have anything and then deciding to just go get something! I'm hoping we can continue this!! :)
We were able to go on a Couples Retreat with our church over the weekend to Myrtle Beach. Unfortunately, we both came down with colds so that hindered us a little but we really enjoyed it! It was nice! We love being together and it's always nice to reflect on our marriage and how we can grow closer to the Lord and to each other! Plus, we love seeing the beautiful ocean!!
All of us are sick still with this cold that's still lingering. :-/ The boys gave it to us before we left for Myrtle Beach and it just doesn't want to leave us alone. I hope we all clear up really soon! Landen has appointments in Delaware Friday morning. His results are back from his genetic testing that we sent to Scotland just over a year ago. We should have new information to share when we return. Please pray for understanding and direction with these results as well as a safe trip!!



No comments:
Post a Comment