Wow!! Life has been so busy lately! Most of our busyness has been for good reasons though so I won't complain! I'll try to catch up from the last couple of weeks. Brayden graduated from K-4 on May 17th!! The next day he had his last t-ball game. Two days later Mckinleigh was born! On Sunday, May 20th we were asked to come share our testimony at First Free Will Baptist Church in Morehead City (my grandparent's church). The people there were such a blessing to us! It was a great time! We were so thankful for the opportunity. We kept Kaiden on Monday night and then the next day I was able to take him home the day they brought Mckinleigh home to help out for a couple of days. I'm so glad that worked out! The boys were at Papa and Nannie's house while I helped Heather, so they were a tremendous help as well and the boys had a great time as always! :-) We got back late Wednesday night and then we had church directory pictures on Thursday. Pictures with small children is a huge job but they turned out good! The next couple of days were catch-up days....catching up on rest and housework! Then Sunday was a very special day as our church helped us celebrate my Dad's birthday along with his 5th anniversary as Pastor at White Oak Hill! It was a great celebration. Only one thing went wrong. My Mom got very sick. Please pray for her. She has been sick and in a lot of pain for a long time. The doctors don't have a lot of answers right now but are still trying to determine some things. I hate seeing her in so much pain. She is the most sacrificial and giving woman I know. She has a huge heart for people and it just doesn't seem fair that she has to suffer so much. Thankfully, she was feeling some better by that night. Luke was asked to preach the Sunday night service and he did an outstanding job! I'm so proud of him! On Monday, Memorial Day, we continued celebrating my Dad's birthday with family. We went to Raleigh and then we grilled out at their house that night! It was a fun day! I love birthdays! ;-) I'm so thankful my parents started our birthday tradition! It is something that really sticks out in my memories from growing up! We plan to pass this special tradition to our children as well!
On Wednesday of this week I took the boys to meet Bernice the cow at a special Library story-time! They loved it! Now that Brayden is out of school, story-time will hopefully be a regular part of our week. That same day I found out my grandaddy had to be put in the hospital. They discovered he has congestive heart failure and needs a heart cath and surgery to replace the aortic valve. Please pray for him! Ever since I found out I have constantly been thinking of him and praying for him as well as the entire family. Luke had the day off yesterday so we were able to spend the whole day with him. It's so hard to see him in the hospital but I'm so thankful we were able to be there with him. I was AMAZED at the number of visitors he had. He had visitor after visitor, one right after the other the entire day! He is such a special man! Last night they transferred him to WakeMed where he will have the cath and the surgery.
Well I think I'm caught up for now. I'll be back soon! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment