We carried them home and got the tank set up. He was so excited! I'll have to admit Luke and I were too! Probably almost as excited as he was! LOL! ;-)
The fish have been doing really well. You know it can be hard to get things "just right" for fish so you never know. The fish have been very true to their description. We also discovered they have excellent reviews. Tonight I went to check on them and COULD NOT believe what I found!! Let me see if you can tell by this picture what I discovered.
Yep! Baby fish!! If you can't see them, they are the extremely tiny things at the top of the water! Right now there are 7 of them!! It is very fascinating!! We've never seen a fish so tiny, let alone swimming around!! After this discovery I looked it up and read this: "One of the most fascinating features of platies is that they are a
livebearing species, meaning they give birth to free-swimming offspring." Wow!
Unfortunately just as I discovered the baby fish I noticed one of the fish didn't act right. Sure enough he didn't make it. We don't believe it was the mother fish though. It will be very interesting to see if the other fish and the babies make it. It would be really neat to watch them grow. We'll see! We know nothing about caring for fish, especially baby fish! LOL! Guess it's time to learn! By the way, Brayden named the fish Hermie and Max...definitely not realizing we had at least one female. Now, he needs to pick out 7 more names!! ;-)

No comments:
Post a Comment