Thankfully we got an earlier start than anticipated. One reason as I mentioned, the curriculum came a lot sooner than I thought it would. That allowed me to look over everything and get ready! I really like how the curriculum starts out. For the first ten days we are reviewing Creation, numbers and letters. This really will help us get in the swing of things!
So, here is what our very first day of homeschool looked like:
Brayden usually likes to sleep a little late but surprisingly he was up and ready by 7:50am! He must've been excited! ;-) I was still getting ready so I had him do a couple of chores so that he wouldn't have to do them after school which will hopefully be the routine unless he wakes up that early every morning....yeah I doubt he will! LOL! :-) After he made his bed and brushed his teeth he made sure his room was clean, the playroom was clean and emptied the bathroom trashcans.
Thankfully Luke was at home this morning so after we finished getting ready we had breakfast around 8:30. Brayden picked out waffles and watermelon! Yummy!
We got started with homeschool just before 9:00. We took a few pictures before we got started and "the Principle" went over the rules and started us off in prayer! ;-)
We began with our Bible Lesson from Genesis 1:1-5 about the first day of Creation!
Next, Brayden cut out a "Creation Number 1" and glued it on construction paper.
Then we sang the A-B-C song and did the A-B-C game cards (like flash cards). One thing I thought was neat....for the A-B-C song the directions teach the ending like this: "And I know that God loves me!" instead of "Now I know my ABC's."
oops forgot to take a picture!
Then we did the A-B-C chart. I gave Brayden a button and called out different letters. He had to put the button on the correct letter.
Next we illustrated day 1 of Creation. He had to cut out a slip of paper that said "God made light. God divided the light from the darkness." Then he had to cut a piece of white paper in half and glue it and the slip of paper on a piece of black paper.
Finally I started teaching him the hymn "This Is My Father's World." I don't sing that well so I pulled up a YouTube video for some help! ;-) This ended our school day today. We finished right around 10:00!
Our first day went great! I'm so thankful for the Teacher's Manual that tells me exactly what to do! It's simple yet creative and very easy to follow. Most importantly it is based on the Bible! I'm anxious to see how the following weeks will go and excited to experience Brayden learning so many things!
* You may be wondering where Landen was. He was a sleepy head this morning and didn't wake up until we were all finished with school! He probably won't do that tomorrow when Luke will be at work and I'll be by myself! LOL! ;-)
1 comment:
Happy 1st day of Kindergarten Big Guy!!!! Love you and hope you have a wonderful school year!!! :)
Post a Comment