Saturday, August 18, 2012

Second week of Homeschool

We have completed two weeks of homeschool! It is going really well! We have definitely had a great start and feel like we are getting in the swing of things! I'm so thankful! This week we continued learning about Creation and reviewed the alphabet. Brayden knew his letters fairly well but the past two weeks he had trouble forgetting the letter "M." Then he would remember "M" but forget "N." So each day as we reviewed we focused on remembering the "M" and the "N" in addition to recognizing the letters and putting them in order. On Thursday Brayden sang the alphabet song perfectly, remembering every letter!!! I was so excited for this accomplishment! It certainly was nothing I stressed over. I knew he'd get it. But to see progress and results is definitely encouraging!! :-)

Friday morning I had something I needed to do and since Luke was home that morning we had talked about him doing school with Brayden. Nothing was definite so I wasn't sure if it'd work out but when I got home I found out they had done school and even did extra! He started introducing letter sounds! I asked Brayden how did Daddy do and he said "perfect!" Haha! :-) I'm so thankful to have a "substitute teacher" when needed! ;-)

Here are a few pictures from our week!

 the letters were scattered on the table and he had to put them in order!

 this is a tag super speller! He listens to the letter and the sound and then has to "tag" it. It also teaches how to spell words. He listens to the letter and sound called out and has to put the letter in the designated colored box at the bottom and then "tag" it to form the words. Once the word is spelled out he listens to the word being sounded out!


This is the days of creation illustrated!

We begin the actual lessons next week! Stay tuned! :-)

No comments: