Monday, October 1, 2012

Kindergarten Update!

Just wanted to give a quick update on homeschool! It is continuing to go really well! We have just began our 5th unit. Here is what we've studied so far:

Unit 1: Sun
Biblical concept was "Jesus is the light of the world." He learned about the letter S and the number 1.

Unit 2: Moon
Biblical concept was "I am the light of the world." He learned how he can be a light to show others Jesus. He learned about the letter M and the number 2.

Unit 3: Leaf
Biblical concept was "I will live and grow in Jesus." He learned about ways that he can grow as a Christian. He learned about the letter L and the number 3.

Unit 4: Apple
Biblical concept was "If I stay in Jesus, I will have much fruit." He learned about the fruits of the Spirit. He learned about the letter A and the number 4.

Unit 5: Nest
We just started this unit. The biblical concept is "God takes good care of me." He will learn about the letter N and the number 5.

If you remember the really long post on our first unit that is how each unit works. We repeat the same activities, worksheets, etc just with a different theme, letter and number!

Here are some pictures since the last update!






 "writing" letters in pudding!


 yummy!


 making a leaf book!

 acting out the story!

 making a leaf man!


We are having a lot of fun and learning so much!!

No comments: