Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm back again! Hopefully for good this time! :-)

Well I went MIA again!! Sorry! This time I don't have an excuse except for LIFE!! It's been crazy around here! I thought things were supposed to slow down after the holidays but they sure haven't and it doesn't look like it will anytime soon! Also, my computer is not all better which makes blogging a little more difficult! Anyway, just wanted to give a quick update. We all are doing well, thankfully! We did have our turn of sickness before Christmas! First Brayden got sick with something for 2-3 days and despite the effort from family and friends to help keep Landen away from him Landen ended up getting the flu! However, I don't think he got it from Brayden or had what Brayden had! The flu was horrible!! The poor guy ran fevers for a solid week and lost 3 pounds! In addition to the flu the doctor also said he had a touch of either pneumonia or bronchitis. I am so thankful that is behind us!!

We had a very blessed Christmas!! It was so nice to spend extra time with family reflecting on the goodness of God in all our lives!

We have a very exciting day tomorrow!! Tomorrow evening Luke will be an ordained minister and Brayden will be baptized! Also, my sister and her husband are having their baby dedication for Mckinleigh. Since all of our family has to travel we decided to take care of all three things in one service so that everyone could be there! My heart is so full of joy for these very special occasions in our family!

Well, I'm sure I could keep typing but I said I'd make this quick so I'd like to close with these two priceless pictures! For awhile now Landen has wanted to pray before meals or before bed just like his big brother. Well, this particular night a week or so ago Luke took the opportunity to begin teaching him how to pray. So he had him close his eyes and repeat after him. It was SO precious!! A couple of times now he has prayed completely on his own! One prayer went like this..."Jesus.....my life.....jibberjabber.....he named a few people......more jibberjabber.....amen!! Speaking of prayer, just the other day the boys and I were at Walmart and Brayden told me he saw a man smoking and that he had prayed for him! I was so proud of him! I asked him what he prayed and he said "Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Please help that man to quit smoking. Amen." It's AMAZING to watch God work in these little but BIG hearts! :-)




No comments: