Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Recent Happenings

Life has been really busy lately! I can't believe it's already been two weeks since our revival. Luke's dad was our guest speaker. We really bathed this revival in a lot of prayer and it was so exciting to see God answer those prayers! We started revival with Friends and Family Day on Sunday morning. The congregation was encouraged to bring their lost family and friends. It was so encouraging to see everyone's excitement and involvement. 286 people attended our Sunday morning service but more importantly decisions were made! We are so thankful and praise God for the salvation decisions, re-dedication decisions and the baptisms we witnessed during the revival. We saw God do great and mighty things and it was incredible to see Him at work! Revival really started a while back and is continuing. God is still working! We had a great Easter Drama last Sunday and ended the service with another baptism. This week two people have had their name written down in the book of life! One was saved during our testimony time tonight at church. He just couldn't wait! Praise the Lord! We are anticipating great Easter services this Sunday as we celebrate our risen Lord!! We are so humbled and honored to have just a small part in what God is doing at Highland Drive!

Brayden has started t-ball and is having fun! He missed his first game since we were out of town for Josh's wedding but he is looking forward to playing in a game soon!! He continues to do really well in school. It's hard to believe but first grade is coming to an end. I will say though we are both ready for summer break! ;-)

Landen has started a tumble class at the Y. We wanted to find something for him to participate in and he loves to jump and flip so we thought it would be a good starting point. The class is just for the month of April but we'll see about doing something more after that. We might look into something that includes more gymnastics. In fact, when we mention tumble class he corrects us and tells us it's GYMNASTICS! LOL! ;-) Last week he had an evaluation to see if he needed anymore speech therapy or physical or occupational therapy. Thankfully, he was not recommended for any therapy!! Also, we are very happy to report he is finally potty trained!! I'm not real sure what made this attempt work but I guess he was just ready because he transitioned really quickly and has done so good with it!! So, we finally get a break from diapers but not for long though! ;-)

Hannah Grace is growing and things are moving right along. I'm 28 weeks now. I've had two recent appointments and I'm seeing the doctor every two weeks now. At my appointment yesterday I had to repeat the 3-hour glucose test, get the rhogam shot and see the doctor. I was dreading it but so thankful that everything went well and that it's over!! The shot was not bad at all; just one extra needle that day. So, I was stuck 5 times and gave 7 vials of blood! Her heartbeat was around 145 and I measured a week ahead. The doctor mentioned doing another ultrasound possibly around 32 weeks. Last week I started swelling in my left calf and ankle. I also have varicose veins really bad in that same leg. I mentioned the swelling to the doctor and she thinks it's just the baby's weight and position but something I need to keep my eye on. I've already gotten my test results and found out I'm anemic and I do have gestational diabetes. That was not the news I wanted or expected but thankfully it's temporary and nothing more serious. And I know it will all be worth every discomfort and sacrifice when we get to meet and hold our daughter! :-)

We did get some good news yesterday! We found out we are getting another niece! :-D So, now the Cason granddaughters will outnumber the grandsons! We look forward to meeting Lacey Grace Cason!

The Johnson family is growing too! Josh and Cara got married Saturday so we have a new sister-in-law! We are so happy for them and can't wait to see what God has in store for them! Mr. Landen was the ring bearer and looked so cute! He was very entertaining as usual so it may have been his first and last time being a ring bearer! ;-) We'll see! I hope to post pictures real soon so stay tuned! :-)

No comments: