Saturday, November 1, 2014

Latest Happenings!

Life has been really busy lately! Busy, but good! Luke started off the week being really sick! :-( He had strep that caused him to have tonsilitis. He couldn't talk at all, it was extremely painful for him to swallow and he also dealt with fevers and body aches along with not being able to sleep or eat. He was miserable to say the least. Thankfully, he started feeling better after seeing an ENT doctor and getting some medicine. He has to have his tonsils out though since this seems to be an ongoing issue. We had been planning to go to the Couples Prayer Advance for a while now and almost didn't get to go but thankfully, Luke started feeling better just in time and each day he has felt a little better and is pretty much back to 100%! He is scheduled to have his tonsils out on November 18th. We are not looking forward to that at all. We hear it is a very painful process and long recovery. Hopefully, it will be worth it though! I also had to take Hannah Grace to the doctor this week for her eyes. They were so bad and just weren't getting any better. Just like I thought both of her eyes were infected. The doctor also checked her ears just in case and discovered an ear infection! I was completely shocked by that since she had not been fussy or had any fevers. Thankfully, her eyes already look soooo much better! You know, motherhood has many roles including the role of a nurse. I have certainly fulfilled that role this week. I will admit it was a little overwhelming with all there was to do and not having the help Luke is usually able to provide and to keep up with 6 different medications and doses for 3 different people! However, I am so thankful and blessed to be able to be a wife and mom and for the opportunities I have to serve them. Although I do have to remind myself that from time to time! :-)

The prayer advance was such a blessing! It was nice to get away for a few days and focus on our marriage. We heard several great messages and were reminded of several things we can work on to make our marriage even better! Unfortunately, I didn't feel so well and couldn't enjoy everything but I'm thankful we were able to go. We also had to cut it a little short due to snow on November 1st! Crazy!!

Displaying PART_1414789829704_20141031_143736.jpg

No comments: