The next day, Wednesday, we found out that Landen needs to start immunoglobulin therapy. This was mentioned as a possibility by Landen's Delaware doctor when we found out he needed a bone marrow transplant. Now his doctor at Levine's said that he has spoken with doctors in Delaware and Cincinnati and they all agree that he needs to begin this. We should hear more this week but all we know so far is that this involves an infusion at home once a week. A home health nurse will come 2 or 3 times and train Luke and I how to give it to him.
Needless to say it was hard to receive these updates this week. However, Landen seems to be doing really well and staying healthy and for that we are truly grateful! Brayden had pneumonia and Luke, myself and Hannah Grace all had bad respiratory infections. Landen is the only one that didn't get sick. That shouldn't have happened according to the doctors. However, we know who has the final say. The Lord has protected him. There is no other explanation!
The other day I saw this on facebook and was waiting in the car so I gave it a try.
Here is the message that I got: "All I want for Christmas this year is the best possible donor." No joke! Now I realize the predictive text is based on messages you've sent before but still out of all the messages I've sent that's what came up! I thought that was really neat! :-)
Landen has an appointment at Levine's on Friday. Please keep us in your prayers! As I was typing this post a song came to my mind. I looked it up and it was such a blessing! I'm going to share it with you. God may desire to use it in your life with whatever situation you are facing.
A Greater Yes (click to listen)
It starts with a desire, planted deep within your heart
You pray in faith, and wait for God to move
Time passes and you wonder
Did He hear me when I called?
Should I even have prayed that prayer at all?
You never pray a prayer, your Father will not answer
He can't ignore His child's earnest request
While you're waiting and believing
For what you thought was best
Trust God if He says no....You're still blessed
There must be a greater yes
There comes a time when child-like faith
Must graduate to trust
Must graduate to trust
Trials come and you're convinced you're on your own
But the teacher's often silent
While you're in the hardest test
But He'll answer when it's time with what is best
You never pray a prayer, your Father will not answer
He can't ignore His child's earnest request
While you're waiting and believing
For what you thought was best
Trust God if He says no...You're still blessed
There must be a greater yes
Sometimes God will answer - just like we prayed
Then other times what's on His mind
Is a better plan, another way, a greater yes
You never pray a prayer, your Father will not answer
He can't ignore His child's earnest request
While you're waiting and believing
For what you thought was best
Trust God if He says no...You're still blessed
There must be a greater yes
God said no to our prayer. But that means He has a better plan, another way, a greater yes! We will trust Him because He knows best!

No comments:
Post a Comment