Wow! It's hard to believe the first month of the year has already come and gone! We were hoping things would slow down after the holidays but that hasn't happened yet....maybe next month! ;-) I was hoping to post shorter but more frequent updates but that didn't happen either. So, I'm gonna try to summarize the month and hopefully this post won't get too long!
Brayden had his first basketball game for this year! This is his first year playing Upward Basketball. He is really enjoying it and he has learned so much! He is a definitely improving and having fun! His best friend from church is on the same team too so that makes it even better! :-)
Luke has been taking the boys to breakfast separately for some one-on-one time and a few weeks ago Brayden got to meet a World War II veteran. They enjoyed talking to him. We certainly appreciate his service!
Landen has had a busy month!! Thanks to some wonderful ladies my mom works with Landen was able to get a really nice scooter that will help him get around a lot easier when there is a lot of walking involved. He has already got to use it and it will be a big help! We really appreciate my mom's co-workers and Micro Kickboard for meeting this need. It is a tremendous blessing!
Landen got new glasses. His prescription did change a little but for the better! He also got a slightly bigger frame. He was starting to complain a lot about his old glasses so I think these will feel much better!
Landen celebrated his 7th birthday on the 24th! That doesn't seem right!! I'll do another birthday post but here's a sneak peak...
On Landen's breakfast out with Daddy he picked Taco Bell! He's never been there for breakfast and probably won't go back because all he could pick out was nachos!! LOL!
We had our first infusion without the home health nurse. Overall, it went well but it was hard. It was harder than I expected, but we made it through and I'm sure it will get easier with time. Landen is one tough little guy!!
Hannah Grace is growing up so fast! Her personality and communication has really come out a lot! She is something else!! ;-)
I LOVE HOW GIRLY SHE IS!!! ;-)
She was playing and brought this to me and said, "look, it's a pizza!"
Luke and I were able to go watch a tar heel basketball game with some friends from church! It was a lot of fun and to top if off they won!
On January 5th we celebrated our third anniversary at Highland Drive! We are still very excited and blessed to be here! God is continuing to work and we are just so thankful to have a small part in what He is doing here! Unfortunately, its been a rough start to the new year though. We had two very difficult funerals within three weeks. These were also our first church family deaths since we've been here. We continue to trust God in the hard times though because He is faithful!!
January was a crazy month and February is here, ready or not! I'm hanging on on this crazy adventure of life and counting my blessings along the way. God is so good and I'm so thankful for this blessed life!






















No comments:
Post a Comment