That Little Boy of Mine:Two eyes that shine so bright,
Two lips that kiss goodnite,
Two arms that hold me tight,
That little boy of mine.
No one could ever know how much your coming has meant.
Because I love you so, you're something heaven has sent.
You're all the world to me.You climb upon my knee.
To me you'll always be,
That little boy of mine.
By Grace Wolgemuth
"Parents also need to 'play offense'-to capitalize on the impressionable years of childhood by instilling in their sons the antecedents of character. Their assignment during two brief decades will be to transform their boys from immature and flighty youngsters into honest, caring men who will be respectful of women, loyal and faithful in marriage, keepers of commitments, strong and decisive leaders, good workers, and secure in their masculinity. And of course, the ultimate goal for people of faith is to give each child an understanding of Scripture and a lifelong passions for Jesus Christ. This is, I believe, the most important responsibility for those of us who have been entrusted with the care and nurturance of children."
"Your task as a mother, in conjunction with your husband, is to build a man out of the raw materials available in this delightful little boy, stone upon stone upon stone. Never assume for a moment that you can "do your own thing" without serious consequences for him and his sister. I believe this task must be your highest priority for a period of time. It will not always be required of you. Before you know it, that child at your feet will become a young man who will pack his bags and take his first halting steps into the adult world. Then it will be your turn. By all expectations, you should have decades of health and vigor left to invest in whatever God calls you to do. But for now, there is a higher calling. Raising children who have been loaned to us for a brief moment outranks every other responsibility."
1 comment:
Thank you for summarizing this book in the last two posts. I have been inspired and encouraged. It will probably be the next parenting book I read. I hope you are all doing well.
Post a Comment