Friday, May 7, 2010

bringing up BOYS

I just finished reading "bringing up BOYS" and really enjoyed it! I thought I would share some quotes from the book about what I learned and what meant a lot to me. There are several so I will divide this into parts with separate posts. I hope you enjoy this and that you can take something and apply it in your life if you have been blessed with sweet boys!



"Moms also need to keep boys' little minds and hands busy. It's in their best interest to do so. My father once said about our energetic toddler, 'If you let that kid get bored, you deserve what he's going to do to you.'"

"....help boys release their excess energy by getting them involved in activities...."

This is excellent advice and I have learned that it is so true! I am amazed at the energy Brayden has.....he never wants to stop or slow down! He has one speed and that is fast! LOL! I am also amazed at how fast he can get into something you would never have thought possible! There is not one place in this house that he can't access one way or another. He certainly keeps me busy! So, I'm trying to learn how to be creative in keeping him busy so that he does not get bored! I'm also trying to be sure I include him by letting him help in my daily activities. He loves to help and I love having him follow me around all day!

No comments: