Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday Weekly

We left the Johnston County Airport between 10:30-10:45am Sunday. We requested an afternoon flight but the pilot was unable to accommodate that request unfortunately. We missed White Oak Hill FWB Church so bad! The flight was very smooth and enjoyable. The plane had four seats so Luke and the pilot were up front and me and Landen were in the back.



Landen did not enjoy the flight though. He cried all but about 30 minutes while he was sleeping. I'm not sure if his ears were bothering him or not. I tried everything to keep him happy but nothing worked. We landed in Wimington, Delaware between 2:00 and 2:30. We were starving so the first place we went was our favorite restaurant to go to while we're there.....the Charcoal Pitt! They have delicious cheese steaks! ;) That is actually where I had my very first cheesesteak the last time we were there! After we ate we went to the Ronald McDonald House and got checked in and settled in to rest! Monday night was very rough. Landen does not do well sleeping anywhere besides his bed so we were up most of the night!

We had to get up bright and early to be at the hospital Monday morning. We had to be there at 7:45am for x-rays. As soon as we were finished with that we had our appointment with Dr. Mackenzie. He was very pleased at Landen's progress. He said the hip was perfectly in place and had grown some. The best news was that he doesn't have to wear the brace all of the time now. He only has to wear it at night and during naps. So he can be brace free during the day!! That is what we were praying for and we are so thankful God answered our prayers with such great news! To God be the glory! After the appointment we were able to meet with our genetic counselor at Nemours Hospital. She is a very sweet lady! We just got caught up with her and what's been going on with Landen as well as discussed a few questions we had for her. She is always so helpful! As soon as we were done at the hospital we checked out of the Ronald McDonald House and headed to the airport for our flight home. We left around 11:30. For the first time we had two pilots, one younger man and one older man. This plane also had only four seats so they said it would be okay to hold Landen in our laps. I wasn't real sure about that but I trusted them and really didn't have any other choice! I knew Landen would like it a lot better though and boy did he!! LOL! He loved it! As soon as we started going up he pulled himself to the window and started looking around with his mouth wide open in excitement! He could not stop looking either. It was amazing how much he enjoyed it! He did much better on this flight however Luke and I didn't. It was a very bumpy ride and it got really hot so we didn't feel so great. We were more than thankful when we landed around 2:30. We went home and took a nap and that really helped.

Luke went back to work Tuesday and I did some housework and laundry. He had to work really late and go back to work Wednesday morning. I knew I had to get Brayden so I decided to go to The Huff's and spend the night since Luke would be gone a lot.

Heather and I have combined all of our boys clothes and she has been storing them. We've been thinking about consigning some so Wednesday morning we started the process! We have never seen so many clothes!! I'd hate to know how much worse it would be if we had girls!! LOL! Heather said we could open a store! Needless to say it's going to take many more days of work but we were happy with what we accomplished! :) I left their house around 4pm and met Luke for supper and then we went to church!

Brayden took this picture of us on Thursday! :)


On Friday I tried a new recipe for lunch! It's called Crescent Chicken. It turned out to be really good!! Click HERE to get the recipe. Here is what mine looked like:


Friday night, the boys and I had a pizza and movie night! We tried the new Big Dipper at Pizza Hut. It is soooo good!! We picked up a few things at Target and then got a movie from the Red Box!

On Saturday we went to Micah's birthday party!

No comments: