Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wednesday Weekly

Last week was busy with little stuff. We got our cars inspected which is a huge blessing because we didn't think Luke's car would pass so we were trying to decide what to do....buy another car or be a one-car family. It was a hard decision but the Lord worked it out and after a few repairs Luke's car is good to go and will hopefully last a while longer! It has over 217,000 miles on it and Luke wants to see how many more he can get! LOL! The Camry has been a wonderful car!

Luke didn't feel well at the beginning of the week. His shoulder started randomly causing him a lot of pain. He doesn't let much stop him though so he continued to work. One day while he was at work I told Brayden we needed to pray for Daddy. He wanted to pray and this is what he said, "God would you help daddy to feel good....and God I have one more question for you.....would you come into my heart so I can get baptized and sin. I want you to come into my heart so I can go to heaven." I seriously had to stop the tears. There is nothing like hearing a child pray. It can be humorous too though as you can tell he doesn't quite understand everything but he is so open and God is certainly working in his heart! I am so thankful for that and pray he will soon understand more. His prayers are so sweet and genuine. It really teaches me a lot. The Lord answered our prayers too and Luke began feeling better!

On Thursday I took the boys to Chick-fil-a for lunch and some playtime. It's been really hot here and when Brayden got in the car he said "it sure is hot!" LOL! We got a nice surprise when we got there....our friends, the Hawleys were there so Brayden enjoyed playing with some buddies! :) Every once in a while I will let Landen down in the playland if it's not too crowded and he loves it! He can almost climb up the first step where they have a little window thing he can get in so with a little help he got in there and had the best time! He did not want to leave! For the first time he cried when I picked him up to go! LOL!

We also went grocery shopping Thursday night and the boys got to ride in a fun cart!! They loved it! Brayden eventually wanted to walk some but Landen really enjoyed it!




After we bought groceries and after it cooled off outside we went to the park! The pictures are from my cell phone so they're a little blurry but I had to share the smiles on their faces! :)







Brayden got his first set of toy soldiers and he loves them! They have provided some good play time! ;)

For most of the week it didn't look like an angel flight was going to work out but Friday night we got a phone call to let us know we had pilots to volunteer to take us to Delaware and back home! We are so thankful for this great organization and the pilots that make it possible!

I spent the weekend cleaning and packing for our trip and making plans for Brayden's fourth birthday! I cannot believe how fast he is growing up!

No comments: