Friday, October 28, 2011

Lesson Learned from Lost Keys


A couple of weeks ago Landen and I met Jonathan, Heather and Kaiden at a consignment sale in Greenville. If you are familiar with consignment sales you know it takes quite a bit of work to look through and pick out the items you need. Most of the time the buildings they are held in are either not air conditioned at all or barely working! So you literally work up a sweat. If you know Landen you know his most favorite things right now are keys and cell phones! He is just so cute and sweet when he asks for them so we give in just about every time and let him play with them! Well, we let him play with my keys to help keep him occupied since we were there for about two hours. After we finally made our decisions, checked out and started heading to the car ready to get some lunch I realized I didn't have my keys! Uh-oh! We knew they were in the consignment sale building so we each took turns looking and even had the employees looking! Again, if you are familiar with consignment sales you know there is tons of stuff everywhere!! The task seemed rather overwhelming! We immediately began praying while we kept looking for my keys! After about half an hour Jonathan and Heather had to take Kaiden to his doctor's appointment. So I took Landen back in and we continued looking along with the help of the very friendly employees! They were so sympathetic and went above and beyond to try to help! I must add that we've only had the car I was driving for less than two months and we were only give one key and had not had a copy made yet! As time kept passing and no keys were to be seen anywhere Landen started getting fussy! So here we were stranded an hour from home, 2 hours from Luke, starving and sweating! Landen was begging for juice, but he drank all we had brought. I found a place to get him to sleep. That was a battle but he finally went. While he slept I continued praying. I knew the Lord was with me because I was able to keep calm. Around 3:30 Jonathan and Heather got back and continued searching. Just a few minutes later Heather is running to me with my keys in her hand!! I cannot describe how happy I was to see those keys and the relief that washed over me!! Thank you Lord!!

So you probably want to know where the keys were, right?! They were under a box spring mattress that was propped up against the wall. Now, that box spring mattress was checked multiple times by multiple people. I believe in the providence of God's timing and you'll see why in just a minute. Jonathan and Heather were both at the box spring mattress and when Jonathan shook it, from the position Heather was in she was able to catch a glimpse of the keys! If she had not been where she was we wouldn't have found them then!

Finally after 3.5 hours of searching I was able to go home and boy was I exhausted!! I've said I will never let Landen play with my keys again! But I know everything happens for a reason. I told myself that I sure would like to know the reason to feel better about the whole situation. While driving on the way home, I noticed an 18-wheeler barely on the side of the road that looked really strange. As I drove by I could not believe the shape it was in. The bed of the truck was literally bent in half and a tree was down next to it! Now I don't know what happened but it looked pretty bad! Immediately it was as if God spoke to my heart and I realized that could have been the very reason my keys were lost for so long! You may not agree but I really feel God saved me from a possibly bad wreck that day.

Just remember when your day doesn't go as planned or something happens and holds you up that God is in control and he is watching over you!

~Genesis 28:15 " I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go"~

No comments: