Sunday ~ Had to stay home with Landen for the first time in a while! It's hard missing church so I'm thankful it doesn't happen often! Landen had two different things going on.....severe congestion and a contagious rash. I tried live streaming a couple of local church services but couldn't get it to work so instead I watched Charles Stanley on TV. I really enjoyed his message "Confidence that Conquers." Here is the link if you're interested: http://www.intouch.org/broadcast/this-week-on-tv.
Landen woke up with a serious case of bed head.....poor buddy you can tell he didn't feel good! :(
As we gave the boys their bath that night, we did something a little different! We put glow sticks in the water and turned the lights off! They loved it and it looked really cool!
Also, right before Brayden went to bed, he introduced Luke and I to the game, Angry Birds! I had heard of it before but Luke had not. It's amazing what children and technology can do now days! It's also amazing what people find intriguing! ;)
Monday ~ I went to Walmart for a few groceries before I picked Brayden up from school. I noticed all the clearance in the toys so I decided to browse through and see what they had. I found some really good deals on a few things for birthdays throughout the year or for next Christmas! After an extremely busy and hectic Christmas we decided to be more prepared next time so I'm off to a great start! ;)
Tuesday ~ It was a really cold day and perfect for chili! I put the chili in the crock pot mid-morning and we enjoyed it for dinner!
I found out about My Fitness Pal. It is a free calorie counter, diet & exercise journal. It is very easy and very helpful!
Luke and Brayden put together their first lego set!
Wednesday ~ Luke injured his knee at work the day before Thanksgiving. He didn't really think much of it until a few days later when his knee was still in a lot of pain and began swelling. He went to see the doctor and had a MRI. Today he found out he has to have surgery to repair a torn meniscus. We don't know any details yet though.
Thursday ~ We were very excited to go to Heather's ultrasound for the gender reveal!! We were surprised but extremely happy to find out she is having a GIRL!!! After all these boys in the family it's about time! I can't wait to spoil her rotten! ;) Of course we did a little shopping afterwards....the boys were matching today which doesn't happen often! ;)
That evening we had a family night at home after Brayden's basketball practice! It actually worked out for Luke and I to have a dinner alone at home while the boys played since they ate before practice. It was so nice to share a quiet dinner without interruptions! After supper we played a toy story alien fishing game & hot potato! We had a lot of fun! =)
Friday ~ It was a beautiful day! We took advantage of it and went outside!! I'm not sure where winter is but we'll enjoy days like today while we can! =)
We met some friends for dinner but before we left it worked out to do a photo shoot with the boys! I was so excited because they turned out really good! That is rare with a very energetic nearly two-year old! LOL! ;) I'll post those photos in another post! ;)
Saturday ~ Brayden had his very first basketball game! It was a lot of fun to watch! (More to come in another post!)
WOW! What a busy week!! I'm hoping to journal more this year but not sure if every week will be as exciting as this one! LOL!





No comments:
Post a Comment