Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Peek into Our Week!

The boys left Monday with Nannie and Caroline to go visit Pawpaw and Meemaw in Roanoke, VA. Nannie wanted to help with the boys so I could be at the hospital with family. I am so thankful she was able to help us out! Our church hosted the NC State Meeting so Luke was able to take off Monday and Tuesday to lead music. It was a great experience for him. I was at the hospital on Monday and Tuesday. My grandaddy had his heart catherization on Monday which determined he had a 95% blocked artery.  It also confirmed his aortic valve is not working 100%. After talking to the doctors, with each other and much prayer it was decided to go ahead with the stint first and to hold off for now on replacing the aortic valve. When the doctors went in to do the stint they discovered another 95% blocked artery. So he had two stints put in on Tuesday. He went home on Wednesday. Please keep him in your prayers as he tries to regain his strength and that the stints will help him feel better.

I had a mom's day off on Wednesday! As a mom you work and are on call 24/7! I LOVE being a mom but breaks are nice too! Usually, when the boys are with someone I tend to get things done that aren't so fun.....like cleaning or grocery shopping. And sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and I am extremely thankful for those breaks that allow me to do what needs to get done, trust me! But, on Wednesday Luke suggested I not do any housework and go shopping and get a manicure and pedicure (which was part of my Mother's Day gift)! I liked his idea and decided to go for it! I had a really nice day!

On Thursday though it was back to the real world! LOL! I cleaned house all morning and the boys came home that afternoon. We were THRILLED to have them back home! They had a wonderful time with Nannie and Caroline visiting Pawpaw and Meemaw! We enjoyed hearing all about it.

Friday I did laundry and started packing for our trip out of town this weekend. Saturday morning we went to a birthday party. When Luke got off Saturday afternoon we went to my Papa and Granny's house. They asked us to come share our testimony at their church on Sunday morning. We were so grateful for another opportunity to be an encouragement and blessing. We had a good time and it was great to spend time with family as well! Brayden has been wanting to go help Heather so we met in Greenville on our way back home today. He will stay with her this week. We already miss him so much! But I know they are having a great time together and that he will be a big help to Heather as she is still adjusting to having two kids! ;-)

I can't believe another week has already come and gone but then again it seems like it has been the longest week ever!

No comments: