Wednesday, August 1, 2012

An exciting package!

We've been contemplating and praying for a long time about sending Brayden to school or to home school. Wow! What a huge and important decision! We finally decided to home school. That is what fits our family's values best and what we feel the Lord is leading us to do. We really hope it works out for us. So, after that was decided the next decision involved which curriculum to use. I'd heard about the online courses and just assumed that would be best. I thought I had made up my mind and didn't look into anything else. Well, about a month or so ago I started questioning my decision and decided to do more research, talk to other home-school moms and of course PRAY!! I couldn't believe how many choices are out there! To make a long story short I was reminded of the curriculum, My Father's World, which I began looking into. I currently have a friend that uses it and the well known Money Saving Mom uses it as well. I also learned another home-school mom is planning to use it. After comparing it to other curriculum's nothing else measured up! After we discussed it and prayed about we decided to use My Father's World! I ordered it Friday night and it came yesterday-much sooner than I expected! We were so excited for it to arrive!! We opened it up and checked it all out! It's even more exciting now that it's all here! I plan to read a small book that was included in the kit to prepare me for home school as well as provide me with ideas. Then I will look over it all and get familiar with it. I'm hoping to get started in a couple of weeks!







After we emptied the box Brayden had the idea to wear the box! LOL! He is quite the character as you can see! If you look closely at each photo you will notice his police uniform, accessories and boots! OH MY!!



No comments: