
This week I participated and shopped at a really great children's consignment sale! They put it on twice a year, in the spring and in the fall. My sister and I have participated in the busy mom's sale where we drop off our items and they organize, prepare and tag the items. After going through the boy's clothes from last fall/winter I came across enough items that they had outgrown that I decided to give it a try. So this is the first time I have tagged my own items. And boy was it a JOB! I hope it will be worth it though! I have gone to several consignment sales before and this one has the best set up by far! You can find anything you can think of for children at great deals! Here is a glimpse of what it looks like. They've actually moved to a new location. This picture was taken at the old location so now it is even bigger than this!
We started a new unit in homeschool this week. We have been studying the letter U and the number 7. In this unit U is for "Us", so we are learning about the five senses (touch, sight, smell, taste and hearing) and how "God made us Wonderful"! Brayden wore a police hat this week! ;-)
Our activities this week, besides the fair, included story-time at the library and gym night at church! :-)
Brayden is still really into police officers! It's interesting how long he has been talking about it and playing it. Usually children go through stages and they pass and change very quickly but not with this! We encourage him to pray about it and see if that's what the Lord has planned for him. So every time he prays he always includes this part "...and Lord please help me to be a police officer, get married and have some kids." Seriously!? Now those are probably the most important topics to pray about but to hear a 5 year old earnestly pray about it can be quite funny! But oh he is so serious! I'm not sure if I should be concerned or proud? LOL! ;-)
Landen has become quite the explorer....getting in to everything and climbing on everything! I turned around one second and this is what I found! He's a mess! ;-)
He's quite a character too! ;-)
I finished reading "Unglued" and I'm hoping to read something for "fun" next! I'm really looking forward to this coming week! It will be busy but we have some great things planned! Stay tuned! :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment