Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Peek into our Week!


This week in homeschool we learned the letter T and the number 6. The theme was turtles and the character quality was "I don't quit; I persevere!" Brayden has a hard time saying "persevere" so it's really cute to hear him say it! :-) The hat of the week was a soldier hat! I'm pretty sure he wore it everyday! LOL!  :-)

I witnessed a wreck this week for the first time. It was extremely scary to watch as you know if you've witnessed one before! One day this week it rained really hard. I had gone out to do some errands before it started raining and got caught in it on the way back home. I was traveling on the highway and the next thing I know the car directly in front of me spun out to the left and into the median. The car hit the cables guarding the median and spun around two or three times. It was awful! I didn't know what to do but didn't have time to stop or I would've wrecked as well! I could see the woman as her car came to a stop and a car a little ways behind us pulled over so I knew she was okay and she had help. But it was extremely scary. I think the Lord for keeping us and the woman safe!

My heart has been heavy this week for a family I don't even know. However, from what I can tell we are brothers and sisters in Christ. The Turner family faced unthinkable tragedy last weekend. You can read the story here but have tissues handy. I came across this story because Julee is a friend of another blogger I have been following for quite a while now. Julee also has a blog. There is a link to it in the story. There are so many sad things in this story. My heart certainly goes out to them and they have been in my thoughts and prayers.

I started reading a new book this week:

So far it's really good and I'm enjoying it! It's on the New York Times Bestseller List! I know a lot of Christian women in social media are talking about it. The first week it came out our local Lifeway sold out! There is actually an online Bible study going on right now for this book with 16,000 women worldwide participating! I'm cheap and borrowed this from the library but I had to reserve it. I was around #27 on the list and currently there are 26 people after me waiting for this book! I gotta hurry and read it though! I can't renew it since there is a wait list!

On Luke's day off this week we took the boys bowling. It was a lot of fun! I had another "first" this week...I beat Luke!! It was only by 2 points but that doesn't matter!! ;-)











 Luke and Brayden made pancakes one morning for breakfast! Landen was still sleeping while they were cooking but wouldn't you know it he woke up just in time to eat! ;-) I took a picture of them eating but the lighting wasn't right so the picture turned out too dark. :-(





Warning! The next highlight involves blood so be prepared or just quit reading! LOL! Brayden learned a lesson the hard way this week. He learned not to climb up on the counters because this is what happens!


If you know me you know I don't handle blood!!! Of course this had to happen while Luke was at work! :-( I guess my mom instincts took over and I said a little prayer. I survived it but it was not easy!! Thankfully this nasty scar will be covered by his hair! OUCH!!

I enjoyed having lunch with a good friend and catching up with her this week! Her and her husband are expecting their first child in just 7 weeks! I'm so excited for them! :-)

Luke surprised me when he came home from work one day with these ~

aren't they so pretty? and unique? I've never seen flowers like this before! I love them! He's so sweet! ;-)

As you can tell it's been a fairly eventful week but overall a very good one! This week I've been reflecting on how blessed I am! I am so thankful for my Christian heritage, being raised in a Christian home and for the incredible and godly husband I have along with the most precious little boys! Thank you Lord for your blessings on me! :-)



No comments: