Monday, November 5, 2012

A Peek into our Week

We began a new homeschool unit on Monday. We are on unit 8 and we are learning the letter D and the number 8. We are also learning about dinosaurs and the Biblical concept is "Big and small God made us all." I like that phrase! ;-) We did two days of schoolwork on Wednesday because he had a surprise fun day on Thursday! More on that later! :-)

We had messy weather on Monday and Tuesday due to the effects from Hurricane Sandy so we stayed at home with the exception of buying groceries. By Wednesday we were ready to get out so we went to story time at the library. Wednesday night our church had a Fall Festival! Brayden was so excited! It turned out great and was a lot of fun! We had a good attendance including several visitors! There was a bounce house, giant slide, obstacle course, balloon pop, catch-a-duck, and a Velcro wall inflatable! There was also free food and of course candy! The Velcro wall inflatable was fun to watch. Whoever wanted to try it put on a velcro suit and jumped onto the wall hoping to stick! LOL! Brayden tried it but could not get on it himself so some of the guys threw him up there! Luke is still a kid at heart and he did it a few times too! The boys LOVED all of it but I think their favorite was the giant slide and yes Landen could do it completely by himself! They were a lot of fun to watch and they had a great time! Unfortunately I did not get any pictures! :-( I don't know what I was thinking!! But one of our teenagers went around taking lots of pictures so maybe she got a few I can get a hold of!

Luke was off on Thursday and a last-minute surprise came together for Brayden! Jonathan and Heather had plans to take their youth group to Disney on Ice and had an extra ticket so they invited Brayden! We worked out the details and met Heather Thursday morning in Fayeteville! I was so thankful it worked out and very excited that he got to go! He also got to spend some time with them and see their new home! Brayden had a blast and LOVED it! I couldn't wait to hear all about it when I picked him up Friday morning as Jonathan and Heather were passing through town. Thank you Jonathan and Heather for giving him this experience and memories that will last a lifetime!!

 




We voted on Thursday! It's such a great feeling to have this privilege and experience voting! There were no lines and we got in and out quickly! When we got home I got my very first Jury Summons! I'm not sure if I should be excited or dreading it but I was surprised I had never gotten one before! Luke was jealous! He is very interested in legal matters! LOL! ;-) 

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=5c5492cba3&view=att&th=13abd9e050e52043&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1417457157014552576-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_AsT4F_Zo-kTblfSPwpmVW&sadet=1352162421446&sads=wH07ncN4a_QY_iMjCZiTxuv4tnw 

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=5c5492cba3&view=att&th=13abd9e040c14e89&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1417465984899957061-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_AsT4F_Zo-kTblfSPwpmVW&sadet=1352162479547&sads=F9pBeoQnnOW40llY7FlcrxxtaPU 

Thursday afternoon we did something we haven't done in a LONG time! We decided to get a movie and relax all afternoon. It was so nice! We definitely should do it more and we highly recommend it! LOL! :-)

Luke being silly! We got "2016." It is a very eye-opening movie!

This was one of the highlights of my week:
  Excuse the blurriness! I took this on my cell phone which does not take good pictures. :-(
He came up to me one afternoon and said he was tired so I sat down with him and in no time he was out! These are some of the best snuggles! It doesn't happen as much these days so I try to enjoy them when they come!

I tried a new recipe this week! Chicken Spaghetti! One of the ladies in our church served it during one of the Revival meals and my mom told me how good it was! It was super easy! I liked the flavor and Luke loved it but for some reason I'm not big on the texture of creamy spaghetti! But if that doesn't bother you and you haven't tried this you definitely should!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=5c5492cba3&view=att&th=13ac845cb8bacff0&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1417653323812777227-1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_AsT4F_Zo-kTblfSPwpmVW&sadet=1352163187360&sads=emTltrnkptgdKjXdsek7gQO_3B4
Click on the picture for the recipe!

Friday night we took a trip to Garner to visit Daddy at work! He was able to take his break and eat with us and then the boys played in the play land afterwards. This doesn't happen much either so it was nice!

 

Unfortunately Landen had a fever on Saturday so we stayed home. I was hoping to take the boys to the park but that didn't work out. Poor Brayden, he kept saying "this is the boring day of my life!" LOL! I think he was spoiled after being at Heather's and Disney on Ice it was hard to be home for one day! Thankfully, Landen seems fine. It was really strange. He just had a fever for about 24 hours with no other symptoms! 

We had Homecoming at our church yesterday. We celebrated 125 years and 10 years in the new building! I helped in the nursery but from everything I heard it was a great day! 

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: