Saturday, February 9, 2013

Couples Retreat 2013


We just got back from the couples retreat in Myrtle Beach! We've been blessed to be able to go for a few years now and it's something we always look forward to!! This year our entertainment was provided by Christian comedian and Southern Gospel singer/songwriter, Aaron Wilburn. He is funny! We had a good group from our church attend. It's always nice to get to know one another a little better in different settings. Luke and I enjoyed the time alone and the beautiful scenery as well as reflecting on our marriage. We discussed things we're doing right and areas we need to improve in. We were certainly reminded of some great biblical marriage principles that we all can apply more! One interesting aspect I noticed this year is that 3 generations were represented in my family on both sides! My parents and both of their parents! As I was sitting in the conference thinking about that I reminded myself how blessed I am!

Beautiful sunset!
That sweet couple on the beach is MY parents! :-)


Beautiful day!


How could someone see this and not believe in God?
Psalm 19:1 ~ "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork."




2 comments:

jshorton said...

Amanda, you are such an inspiration to me and such a fabulous example of a godly wife and mother. Just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you and your sweet family!
Grace and peace,
Stephanie

The Johnsons said...

Thank you Stephanie!! I really appreciate your kind and thoughtful words of encouragement! It means so much to me! We also really appreciate your prayers! I trust you and your sweet family are doing well! I enjoy reading your blog! I especially enjoyed your recent post, "What Is
My Ministry?" It was a great reminder for me!! May God continue to bless you, your family and your church! :-)