Friday, February 7, 2014

Baby Update!

I had two appointments this week...one regular OB visit and a level 2 ultrasound. The OB visit was very routine. The heartbeat was 165 and we discussed the results of the gestational diabetes test I had a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully, right now I do not have to check my sugar. Out of the four times they checked my sugar only one was abnormal. I did have to meet with a diabetes instructor and just learned that I will have to repeat the three hour glucose test around 28 weeks. :-(

I had a level 2 ultrasound at the hospital because of Landen's diagnosis and because of the possibility of gestational diabetes. First, we met with a geneticist and went over our family history and briefly discussed Landen's genetic history. Then we went back for the ultrasound and for about 30 minutes we got to watch our baby girl squirm around. It was a very detailed ultrasound! Her heartbeat was 169. The ultrasound tech took almost 100 pictures and the doctor was viewing the pictures in another room and then came in to discuss  the results. We are so thankful that everything they checked looked great! Hannah Grace's growth is right on track! They said she weighs 10 ounces which is a little more than usual for this point in the pregnancy and all except one measurement were a few days ahead! We are encouraged and comforted by this news and we praise the Lord for good news. The doctors cannot say at this point if she will have PD or not but that doesn't matter to us. We are leaving that answer in the Lord's hands and will trust His decision as the best one for our family.

Thankfully, I have been feeling really well besides some morning sickness and have been feeling the baby move which is the BEST part!!! Here are my favorite pictures from today! :-)



No comments: