Thursday, June 26, 2014

Baby Update - 38 Weeks

I can't believe I'm still pregnant! LOL! I had an NST and saw the doctor on Tuesday. We got great results from the NST. I had several contractions during the test but the doctor said they were "irritable contractions" and weren't good ones! :-/ I've had a couple of issues with my sugar this week where it dropped pretty low pretty quickly so the doctor lowered my dosage of medicine. So far that seems to have helped!! Other than that everything else looks great!! There has been some more progress...the doctor said I was at a very loose 2 cm and 50% thinned. She said she didn't think I'd make it to Monday but right now it looks like I will! She could have stripped my membranes but because I was hesitant and I'm scheduled to be induced she didn't. The doctor confirmed our scheduled induction for Monday. We're suppose to be there at 6am! She said I could be induced on Saturday when I'm 39 weeks but that we would need to get approval from the doctor on call for the weekend. We've been debating what to do and we're not sure but we're leaning towards leaving the plan like it is. That way we can give her a little more time to come on her own and if she decides to wait we can celebrate Brayden's birthday before she comes. Also, my least favorite doctor is the one working on Saturday, however, it wouldn't be terrible if she ends up delivering! It's a somewhat complicated decision but ultimately it's up to the Lord either way! It's just hard waiting! Either way we are about to meet our daughter and WE CAN'T WAIT!! :-D

No comments: