Sunday, June 22, 2014

Baby Update-37 Weeks

The NST on Tuesday didn't go so well. It took longer than it should have. At first her heartbeat was too slow so the nurse had me lay on my left side for a little while. That did not help any so she had me drink a Diet Dr. Pepper and that did the trick. However, then her heartbeat got too high and we had to wait for it to come back down. She finally was able to take the results to the doctor. The doctor said at first it wasn't impressive but then she looked a lot better and gave them what they were looking for. They said everything was okay. It was also interesting that I hadn't felt Hannah Grace move much that day. When the test first got started the nurse asked me had I felt much movement. I told her no and she said all of her patients that day had said the same thing! She even was doing two tests at a time because women were having to come in for lack of fetal movement. I thought that was interesting and strange! We did have a storm that day so I wonder if it was the weather?!

Anyway, I was 38 weeks yesterday! This is the longest I've been pregnant! The boys spoiled us by coming early! ;-) I'm still feeling pretty good but definitely getting more tired and more miserable with each passing day! I had another NST on Friday and saw the doctor. That NST went much better! They said she was very reactive! :-) Thankfully, everything continues to look great...my blood sugar and blood pressure are both good! The doctor said I'm at a tight 2 cm and haven't thinned, so just a little progress! Some progress is better than none though! ;-) She wanted to discuss a birth plan and encouraged us to schedule to be induced around 39 weeks if she doesn't come on her own before then. She checked the schedule and said we can be induced on Monday, June 30th if she's not here by then. I'll go back on Tuesday for my NST and an appointment. She said I could asked to have my membranes stripped at that appointment. However, later I got to thinking I'm not sure if they will strip my membranes since I tested positive for GBS and the doctor possibly didn't realize that when she mentioned it. Anyway, unless something happens soon we'll know more on Tuesday! I have had a few contractions over the weekend so we'll see if anything happens!! Either way not much longer!!! :-)

No comments: