Landen had to go to clinic today to receive his immunoglobulin infusion. While we were there, I found out that Landen's urine test for adenovirus was negative for the first time and that the levels in his blood had come down! I was so excited and thankful for this wonderful news! Praise the Lord! They said we can hold off on the clinical drug for now and that they would test Landen again tomorrow and decide for sure after we get those results. I asked for an update on the BK virus since I haven't heard anything lately and they said those levels had gone up but it seems that it is normal and expected for those levels to go up and down. There is power in prayer and we are so grateful for the prayers that have been said for us. Please keep them coming! Landen's potassium and magnesium is low so they adjusted his IV fluids today. He will need fluids for a little longer. We are so grateful for the good news today and pray that the viruses continue to improve!
Thursday, July 20, 2017
Transplant - Day Fifty-eight (+41)
Landen and I had a crazy morning but it ended with some really great news! :-) Before we left to go to clinic Landen had started saying his stomach was hurting and his IV pump was doing something weird and was beeping. I tried to fix the IV pump and we headed out. Right as we got in the van Landen started getting sick and his pump started going crazy! I stopped the pump, had Luke call the clinic to let them know I would be late, and took Landen back to our room to get cleaned up. When we were finally at clinic the nurse helped me with the pump and got that straight and with a little time Landen started perking up. He really scared me but I think he got sick because he ended up taking his medicine on an empty stomach and then he drank a lot of sprite really fast with his medicine. Hopefully that's all it was and that is what it appears since he has felt better ever since.
Landen had to go to clinic today to receive his immunoglobulin infusion. While we were there, I found out that Landen's urine test for adenovirus was negative for the first time and that the levels in his blood had come down! I was so excited and thankful for this wonderful news! Praise the Lord! They said we can hold off on the clinical drug for now and that they would test Landen again tomorrow and decide for sure after we get those results. I asked for an update on the BK virus since I haven't heard anything lately and they said those levels had gone up but it seems that it is normal and expected for those levels to go up and down. There is power in prayer and we are so grateful for the prayers that have been said for us. Please keep them coming! Landen's potassium and magnesium is low so they adjusted his IV fluids today. He will need fluids for a little longer. We are so grateful for the good news today and pray that the viruses continue to improve!
Landen had to go to clinic today to receive his immunoglobulin infusion. While we were there, I found out that Landen's urine test for adenovirus was negative for the first time and that the levels in his blood had come down! I was so excited and thankful for this wonderful news! Praise the Lord! They said we can hold off on the clinical drug for now and that they would test Landen again tomorrow and decide for sure after we get those results. I asked for an update on the BK virus since I haven't heard anything lately and they said those levels had gone up but it seems that it is normal and expected for those levels to go up and down. There is power in prayer and we are so grateful for the prayers that have been said for us. Please keep them coming! Landen's potassium and magnesium is low so they adjusted his IV fluids today. He will need fluids for a little longer. We are so grateful for the good news today and pray that the viruses continue to improve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment