We ran into several of our new friends and heard they were getting discharged. We were so happy for them and we were hoping we could do the same, but again, we worked really hard on not getting our hopes up. Shortly after we were done with the stroll through the hall the Winoker's came to visit. It was so good to see them again! Around 3:00 Sam came in and told us she had good news, we could leave!! Landen got so excited and said 'Yeah!! Woohoo!" It was so cute! I'm sure we all had the biggest smile ever on our faces! Sam went over all of Landen's medicines with us and then we packed up as fast as we could! It was crazy but so exciting! Landen felt like it took us forever to pack up because he kept asking "is it time to go yet?" He was a little sad, he said, because he was going to miss all of the nurses. When we walked out the door and turned the corner to go down the hall, Landen was greeted with the best send-off ever! The nurses were lined up cheering and blowing horns and bubbles. It was so exciting!! We thanked them and told them bye! They truly were the best nurses we could've asked for. It was great to get to know each of them and we hope to visit when we can.
Today was the first day we had Stacia but she was great! She was such an encouragement to us!
Click HERE for a video of the send-off
If you remember, the day we were admitted I mentioned how the feeling I had when we walked through the doors was indescribable. It was the same way as we left! I can't even try to describe it but I will say it was a very emotional moment for me and I was full of joy and thankfulness. I couldn't stop wondering too how Landen must feel and what he must be thinking. We got to leave and take breaks but he didn't. I can't imagine how wonderful it was for him! We loaded up and went over to the Ronald McDonald House which is practically across the street. I think these pictures capture a little bit of how he felt about it! ;-)
When we got to the RMH Luke unloaded the car and Landen got to pick out a surprise from the toy closet. He was so excited! We then went to the room and got settled. Landen had started asking for a lunchable before we left the hospital so once we were settled we went and got him one.
Once we got back it was time for training with a home health nurse. Landen is still on fluids so the nurse showed Luke and I how to give him his IV fluids. He only needs them for 12 hours. We're going to try to run it through the day so hopefully he can rest more at night without having to get up as much to use the restroom.
It felt so weird but so nice to be out of the hospital!! Thank you Lord for this blessing! This is a huge milestone and we are so grateful! This is just another step in the process but it's in the right direction. We still have a long road ahead of us so please don't stop praying. Please pray that Landen will get stronger each day, that his transplant will be a complete success, and that he will stay well as his new immune system grows. Thank you all so much!







No comments:
Post a Comment