I can't believe it's been a week since my last update! Please forgive me but as they say no news is good news! :-) I probably won't be updating as often since there aren't as many updates which is a good thing! I also don't have as much time now that the kids are back and we're trying to get life back to as much normal as possible which is really difficult but we're trying.:-) Landen has been out of the hospital for three weeks today and we've been in Charlotte just over two months. Landen has been doing really well...things are about the same. He's feels pretty good most of the time but definitely has moments when he doesn't feel his best. He is still not back to his normal self but he is getting there. This process is really slow and long and full of ups and downs. Landen did get sick over the weekend but only twice and for no apparent reason. It was strange but thankfully it didn't turn into an issue. His adenovirus levels continue to improve so there hasn't been a need to change anything. We are so grateful for this good news!! Since my last update Landen's steroid dose has been decreased twice and his blood pressure medicine has been decreased as well. This is very exciting as Landen's progress continues. Landen does not need an IVIg treatment this week so we get a day off from clinic!
Tuesday night Landen had a little breakdown and was really upset that he can't do the things he used to do, especially being able to play at the playground. This is so heartbreaking and hard to handle. We just loved on him, encouraged him, and prayed for him. Will you add to your prayers for Landen his emotions? I can't even begin to imagine how difficult all of this has been and is for him. We don't understand everything so we certainly know that he doesn't either. He is amazing though! Yesterday at clinic we were just talking and he said "I like it when you do that." I was surprised and said "do what?" He said, "when you smile. It gives me courage." I couldn't believe it but I said "well then, I will smile at you all the time!" :-) He is something else!!
Brayden and Hannah Grace are doing really well too! It's amazing how they've handled so many changes and difficult circumstances so well. This is truly an answer to prayer and only possible with God! Brayden is excited about camp next week and Hannah Grace is learning so much and growing like a weed! I'm so thankful for the family God has blessed me with! My heart is so full and God is so good!
Landen has a new friend! His name is Jackson and he sent him this adorable monkey!
He enjoyed playing while I did laundry. He played here for about an hour which is the most he's played by himself in a very long time! It felt so good to see him feel like playing and having the strength and energy to do it especially with having to carry around his backpack with his fluids.
Landen got a set of Take-Along Stories from a BJU Homeschool Consultant! This was so very nice of her. I am so thankful to be a part of the BJU Homeschool family. They have been such a blessing during this time!
2 comments:
Hello Landen,
I'm so happy to hear you are doing so well! You hang tough buddy it won't be long and you will be able to do all the things you enjoy. God is working mightily in you and is making you healthy and strong. Amanda your sweet smile brightens everyone's day. Tell Hannah Grace and Brayden I said hello and that I'm very proud of them. Praying for all of you. Love and Hugs.
Mrs. Susan
Such a nice story you shared :
purnima in august 2017
Post a Comment