Thursday, November 12, 2009
First Deer Accident
Two Wednesday's ago Luke had to close so Brayden and I had just left the house about 6pm and headed to church. We were about a mile or so from the house when I spotted two dear crossing the road in front of me. I slowed down (I was going the speed limit for those wondering!) and cautiously went through after they had crossed the road and then out of nowhere here comes another deer and you guessed it....he ran out right in front of me! Instinct really does kick in because I'm not really sure what I did but everything felt like it was in really slow motion. The deer actually hit me! He hit right above the driver's side front tire. I drove to a safe spot to pull over and started hearing the most awful noise!! I got Luke on the phone and told him what happened and in less than a minute after pulling over a State Trooper just happened to be passing by so he stopped to help! I could not open my door and the damage was mainly above the left tire but went around the front to the middle of our hood. Looking back I can see God's hand through everything! It was really dark and the road we live off is a curvy, narrow country back road. I was so thankful that God worked out the timing for that Trooper to be passing by. I definitely needed his bright lights to warn traffic we were sitting there! Also the deer came from my left side...after he hit my car he was thrown back the way he came from right in front of the oncoming traffic. The oncoming car barely missed him and they had several cars traveling right behind them! It could have been a lot worse! I am so thankful for God's protection. We just got our car back from being fixed this past Monday. You don't realize how much you really need two cars until you are without one! Another way we saw God's hand through this situation was that He provided for our $500 deductible. After the insurance adjuster estimated the damages the repair man noticed an unnecessary part the adjuster included in the estimate. When the repair man told Luke about it he said "guess how much that part cost?" Yep...$500!! The repair man said he has never seen an adjuster include the part in an estimate and he couldn't believe it. He got a second opinion about the part and both men felt this part was unnecessary and he said he wouldn't replace the part if it were his own car. So we took it as God providing a need and we certainly count it as a blessing! This was my first deer accident and it was pretty scary but I am so glad God never leaves us or forsakes us...He is ALWAYS with us! Looking back it is so amazing to see how God worked everything out just as He has promised us in His Word! It's so great to see how God works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment