Monday, October 29, 2012

A Peek into our Week

We had a busy but GREAT week! We began the week with Revival with Pastor Donnie Miles from Peace FWB Church in Florence, SC. We had great services and great fellowship! We and a couple of families from our Sunday School Class went in together and provided one of the revival meals. It was our first time doing anything like this! We took the easy route and got Parker's Chicken and BBQ but it was a great experience for us and we had a great time! Bro. Donnie and his wife Trudy are special people. They've been friends with my parents for a long time but I haven't been around them a lot but after revival I felt like I had known them my whole life! It was great to spend time with them and get to know them better!

On Thursday my Mom, my sister, "Gigi" and myself had a girls weekend getaway! We were so excited! This was our second annual trip! We left around lunch time Thursday and went to pick up Heather in Florence and drop off my Dad and Landen. Brayden stayed with Luke since they had a Father-Son camp out planned with Chick-fil-A. Since Landen is a tad young for that he went with PaPaw! After we picked up Heather we headed to Myrtle Beach! We arrived around dinner time so we enjoyed a nice dinner and then started a little shopping until the stores closed. We went back to the resort and watched a movie before going to bed! On Friday we shopped ALL DAY long! We didn't find all that we were shopping for so we got up Saturday and went shopping AGAIN! On Saturday we had much more success! We left Myrtle Beach early Saturday afternoon and got back home that night. We had the greatest time! We talked a lot, laughed a lot and even cried just a little! It was so nice to be able to share with each other and make memories that will last a lifetime! Although I missed my boys and they barely survived without me (LOL ;-)) I am so thankful for this opportunity and the blessing it was to me! Everyone needs a break sometimes so it was really nice to be relaxed and refreshed for a little while! I appreciate the men keeping the kids and everyone else that had a part in making this possible!! ;-)

While I was away two good friends of mine had their baby girls on the same day! One was scheduled to have her baby today and the other was not due until December 1st but thankfully she is just fine! I cannot wait to meet them!

We finished Unit 7 in homeschool and Brayden was glad to have two days off this week! :-)

I did get to start reading another book. I decided to continue a series I had started by Karen Kingsbury. I'm reading Remember, book #2 in the Redemption series. So far it's really good but all of her books are!

I can't end this post without a picture :-) so here are two pics of the boys from last week!




2 comments:

Heather Huff said...

Had so much fun this past weekend... can't wait till next years!!! Love ya bunches!! :)

The Johnsons said...

Me too! Love you!!