Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Baby Update 33-34 Weeks

The non-stress tests are continuing to go well. Most of the time she cooperates by being very active and the tests only take 20 minutes or so. Last Tuesday, the monitor picked up a few contractions. The nurse asked me about them and I definitely felt them...nothing unbearable just some tightness! She said I needed to drink some water and if that didn't help to get off my feet! She acted like they didn't need to continue. I remember having some more the rest of the day but not too many after that. On Friday she didn't want to cooperate so it took almost an hour to get the readings they wanted. I guess she was just being lazy! ;-) I never posted about my appointment from almost two weeks ago so here is what I remember....the doctor wanted me to watch my blood sugar levels after breakfast. Those were running a little high but the rest were fine. She said I know you've had small babies but this baby has noticed those high sugars...this is a big baby! She didn't measure me at this appointment. It was very routine with nothing new.

At my appointment on Friday I measured right on track at 35 weeks (I was actually 34 weeks and 6 days). Luke and I both noticed I look a little smaller so we're wondering if she has possibly dropped a little. Since I've consistently measured ahead and now I measured where I should be that is the only explanation! I had my first exam at this appointment and the doctor said I am 1 cm dilated and 40% thinned. Those contractions definitely got things started! In addition to my regular appointment and 2 NST's I will also have an ultrasound this week to check on Hannah Grace's growth!! Her arrival is getting so close and we are so excited!! Thankfully, I'm still feeling really well and resting pretty good at night. I'm definitely not anxious for her arrival yet but that could change very soon! ;-)


No comments: