I can't believe Brayden is done with first grade and will be starting second grade in the fall!! Our second year of homeschool was certainly more challenging but definitely successful! Brayden did a great job and we are very proud of him!! He is reading almost any word now and loves reading signs and different things while we are out and about! The other day he said "Mom, do you spell popsicle p-o-p-s-i-c-l?" I said "add an e at the end and you got it!" I was very impressed! :-) He is enjoying reading books on his level that he has picked out at the library. He still seemed to enjoy math a little more and did really well on his math lessons this year. It is so exciting and rewarding to watch Brayden learn and grow each day!!
The most challenging factor with homeschool is keeping Brayden focused and making school work as enjoyable as possible all while avoiding
little brother as many distractions as possible! ;-) We are considering and praying about using another curriculum next school year. Although another curriculum won't necessarily be a solution for our challenges we do feel like we need to find something that fits our family better. My Father's World is a great curriculum and we have enjoyed using it but we are looking forward to trying something different. While I am very thankful for the many options and flexibility available to homeschoolers it can also be very overwhelming!! Choosing a curriculum is extremely difficult!! We have a couple of options in mind that we feel like we've narrowed it down to but we have not made a final decision yet.
I am also very nervous about next school year because I will have two students and a little one! However, I know that God will see me through! He always has! :-)
Why do they have to grow up so fast?!
No comments:
Post a Comment