Sunday, January 24, 2016

Life lately....


We had a wonderful Christmas and a pretty good New Year's except for being sick! :-( Brayden was sick right before New Year's and I got sick on New Year's Eve. It messed up our plans but that's how things go sometimes! I'm thankful for the blessed holidays we had and the wonderful time spent with family. Our New Year is off to a great start! I've actually been sick off and on the whole month though. I've started feeling better and I'm hoping all the sickness is behind me for a long time! Thankfully, for the most part everyone else has stayed well. Hannah Grace has a little cold right now but it's not stopping her! ;-) Things have stayed really busy since the holidays. Our church started having two Sunday morning worship services on January 3rd and thankfully it is going really well! We are praising the Lord for the things He is doing at Highland Drive and excited to see what He has in store for us this year!

Please pray for my Granddaddy and Luke's PawPaw. Both of them are not doing well. My granddaddy was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer right before Christmas and Luke's PawPaw had a stroke last week and is also battling dementia. It's so hard to see them sick! Thankfully, they both are very godly men who love the Lord and have served Him faithfully their whole lives. It's so inspiring to watch their faith in action even during a difficult time.

We just had our first winter storm of the season! We woke up to snow on the ground Friday morning and continued to get snow and ice off and on until Saturday. We ended up getting about 4.5 inches of mainly snow but also a good amount of ice. We weren't able to have church today due to the dangerous road conditions. The boys have enjoyed playing in it! We didn't take Hannah Grace out in it since she's been sick. :-/



Our driveway is perfect for sledding! :-)

While we've been snowed in I was able to get the boys room painted!

BEFORE
and

AFTER


We have a new member of the family to introduce....meet Chase!


We changed our mind about getting a dog and decided to tell the boys at Christmas that we were getting a puppy! They were so excited! We got Chase on January 5th. He was 7 weeks old and is a Shihpoo! We've almost had him for 3 weeks now and it really couldn't have gone any better! He is such a good and sweet puppy! The kids are really enjoying him!! :-)





The other day Landen called out for me and this is where I found him! He said this is my secret hideout! LOL! :-)

Hannah Grace had her first hair trim recently!! I can't believe how much hair she has compared to the boys at this age! 


BEFORE



 and AFTER


Well that's all the updates I can think of for now! Today is Landen's birthday so I'm gonna work on his birthday post! :-)





No comments: