Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Waiting Room

I love how God gives exactly what we need and exactly when we need it! In twelve hours or less I read about "the waiting room" from two different sources. This post is out of my comfort zone but I felt led to share it in hopes of encouraging someone else. For the past seven months we've been in the waiting room. We've recently moved into the examination room but the waiting room is a very difficult place to be. No one likes to wait, especially in the days we live in. The truth is though, we all will find ourself in God's waiting room at some point in our lives. However, we must remember that just because we're waiting it doesn't mean God is not working. While waiting is not easy it is important to realize that waiting on God does not mean we just sit around and do nothing! Max Lucado says, "Waiting is sustained effort to stay focused on God through prayer and belief. To wait is to 'rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him' (Ps.37:7)." You may be waiting for a diagnoses, a positive pregnancy test, a spouse to be saved or that acceptance letter. Whatever you're waiting for please know there is purpose in waiting and while we may never know the reason we must not give up. We can't lose faith. All of heaven is cheering for you...keep waiting!

As I worked on this post I was reminded of the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. If you find yourself in the waiting room meditate on these words to the song: (Click here to listen to it)


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting



"But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31

No comments: